A couple of weeks ago a secretary telephoned me in absolute desperation. She was desperately browsing for accommodation in central London for some VIPs from abroad. She stumbled onto my internet site, not genuinely understanding what the service was about. I feel the words ‘free service’, ‘apartments’ just helped her to figure out that Quality London Apartments had something to do with accommodation. Apologies for my long opening, but it is a prime instance of how little travelers in the UK and Europe know about the serviced apartment market. Right after explaining the concept of serviced apartments and helping her discover an apartment, I realized that I necessary to share this knowledge additional afield. Thus, this write-up is my contribution to open up this elusive business and offer you tips to travelers.
What is a serviced apartment?
A serviced apartment is a flat in a block, which has a separate bedroom, sitting room/lounge, totally equipped kitchen, your own private keys to personal door. Serviced apartments can be in the kind of a studio flat (all in one particular room with a kitchenette), one, two or 3 bedrooms.
All apartments enjoy maid service, utilities and a management group to aid.just like a hotel. Guests only pay for a nightly rate and can reside in a flat with almost everything they would have in their own house.
Pros: Serviced London Apartment vs Hotels
A lot more worth for funds and more affordable. In a hotel, no matter which star rating, you spend per evening for one particular room which will have a Tv, bathroom, sofa and a bed. This is similar to a studio apartment! In an apartment there is a separate bedroom, kitchen, sitting space, bathroom and dining table (exception is studio)
Pay per apartment and not per person. An example would be paying 250 per night for a two bedroom apartment, which could accommodate up to 4 men and women, that operates out at 62.50 per particular person.
Freedom and privacy. An apartment is like being in your own residence and there is lots of space. You have your personal keys to your own door.
Booking is easy, just like hotels. The majority of apartments demand a credit card to guarantee, pre-payment prior to you arrive and that’s it. No deposits, no tenants’ contracts.
Cons: Serviced London Apartment vs Hotels
Apartments lacks the buzz and solutions of a hotel such as restaurants and Area Service. Albeit some apartments are owned by hotels and supply you the use of their restaurants and other services.
No 24-hour service around the clock. The apartments are ran by a modest group who operate Monday to Friday 9:00am 6:00pm, so you are on your own in the course of the weekend. There are emergency numbers to call should you endure an electric cut, but no 24-hours hotel Duty Manager to run to your area.
No pool, massages, saunas like hotels
What to appear out for when booking a serviced London apartment?
1. High quality of the apartment make sure you uncover out if they are clean, well furnished and effectively maintained. How? Check the photographs, and ask if you can book an appointment to view the apartment. This is quite important if you are staying more than a lengthy period of time.
two. Do they have a friendly and efficient management group? If you need the comfort of a welcoming face to greet you on arrival, then ask for an apartment with a reception. Some apartments offer essential boxes, so you can arrive any time, but there is no-one particular to meet you. I learned about serviced apartments in hemel hempstead hertfordshire by searching books in the library. A friendly and little team will be capable to give you a quite private touch.
three. Opening time of the apartments workplace doesn’t sound crucial? Well it is simply because the majority of apartments’ operations group open Monday to Friday 9:00am to six:00pm. If you arrive at your apartment for the duration of office open hours, then fine, but any other time and weekends will imply that you will need to pick up the keys from a different place.
four. Clicking wholesale serviced apartments windsor certainly provides suggestions you can tell your boss. Crucial delivery by car at the airport? If you are flying from abroad to London, and do not fancy traipsing throughout London at night to pick up keys, the majority of apartments will hire a taxi to provide your keys to the airport upon your arrival. Hassle-free for a small charge.
five. Payment process and cancellation policy every single apartment differ in their guest terms and circumstances. All will accept a credit card as a guarantee of reservation, some will ask for 100% pre-payment at least 7 days prior to arrival and cancellation can variety from 12:00pm on the day of arrival to 28 days. So, just before you confirm the reservation, be very clear about the terms and conditions. Ask your apartment agents to explain the process to you and read the terms and circumstances on your confirmation emails. It will save you a great deal of problems and headache later.
six. Apartments are always allocated on arrival. This policy is the identical as any hotel, so unless you are a typical guest to a distinct apartment, apartments are on allocations. In the exact same breath, some apartments only have a tiny quantity of flats, so if you are reserving the only three bedrooms penthouse in their collection, then you are assured that specific apartment.
7. Prices turn into a lot more competitive the longer you stay. Dig up additional information on this affiliated article directory by clicking advertiser. In this, we mean you have far more bargaining energy if you are staying for a single month or longer. This is when your apartment agent can truly assist you by negotiating with a variety of apartments to get you the greatest deal.
8. Making use of an apartment agent will also save you time looking, but most importantly they will perform with your price range and negotiate a wonderful deal for you. Of course, you also need to have to be realistic about what you can book, don’t count on to commit 80 per night for a luxury apartment. For example, one of our consumers had 300 budget per evening for a two bedroom apartment and he wanted one thing luxury. For these readers who know London properly, also understands that this budget is in fact very tiny. Despite that, we booked him and 3 friends into the Victoria Park Plaza luxury apartment (150 per night less than the usual price tag) for 300 per night with free breakfast, gym and access to the executive lounge. Any apartment agent worth their salt can and will move mountains to assist you.
What if I don’t like the apartment when I get there?
If you genuinely really feel that you have been hard carried out by, tell the apartment management team and ask to be moved to one more apartment. All of the apartments that we work with are very consumer focussed and try to aid guests enjoy their stay. If this does not operate, talk to your apartment agent, if that is how you booked. Greatest guidance although, is to ask all the proper concerns before you book an apartment.
Your appetite for apartments is now whetted how do you uncover London apartments?
1. As already explained, you can select a totally free search and book service of an apartment agent or go direct to a specific apartment that you know. Both strategies are completely fine, dependent of your expertise of London apartments. Utilizing an agent will imply that they will search far across their portfolio and present you with a range of choicesall inside ten-15 minutes. Agents are impartial and will only (great agents anyway) suggest the high quality apartments for your requirements.
two. You can use search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN to discover apartments. Be taught further on our favorite partner article by going to buy here. Sort in search phrases like ‘London serviced apartments’ or ‘quality London apartments’ and so on.
three. Stating the obvious but, ask for a recommendation from close friends and acquaintances.
4. Check on Tripadvisor and other customer evaluation sites.
If you have read this far, then thank you for your time. I have attempted to make this write-up clear and as helpful as possible, but I welcome your comments and any additional info that you feel is really important..